Have you considered submitting an application for a development program or a writer’s lab, but you don’t know where to start? You’re unsure what you should include in your application, and you don’t know what to expect if you do get accepted.
[embed link above]
In today’s episode, No Film School’s GG Hawkins speaks with the Director of Artist Programs at Tribeca Studios, Bryce Norbitz, to discuss:
- Artist development programs and how they help new filmmakers
- What Bryce focuses on when she first reads an application
- The benefit of applying to a program even if you don’t get accepted
- What the jury has to consider when deciding on a program winner
- The credibility that comes with being a program finalist
- What it looks like to work with a brand partnership on your film
- When you should avoid submitting your story to a lab or program
- What applicants should include in their submissions
- Attending small, community-driven festivals in order to network
- Powerful reasons to attend film festivals as an emerging filmmaker
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by GG Hawkins.