Watch: Every Camera and Lens We Saw at NAB 2017
Check out exactly why this edition of NAB has been coined "The Year of the Lens."
We pumped out 85 videos for you this year at NAB 2017. As a reader, this might've been a little overwhelming. To make things easier for you to digest, we're breaking our content down by category.
It was another underwhelming year at NAB for cameras. Sony has seemingly been the most active in that arena, as it announced its a9 nearly a week before the show started and was on hand to exhibit the camera at the show. Some were hoping to see a new version of the a7 revealed in addition to the new series, but instead, Sony revealed their new UMC-S3C 4K, a tiny 4K camera built for cranes, sliders, crash cams, or when you just need a camera with a small footprint. Mostly, we saw companies less focused on creating new technologies, instead opting to upgrade their previous releases to be the best tools possible for the filmmakers who already own them.
It was a much different story in the lens department, however. Not only did we see a host of new full frame lenses come out from established companies like Leica and Cooke, but we were treated to the emergence of several new (and awesome) lens companies eager to bring some more affordable lenses to the marketplace. As sensors in cameras grow larger and larger, we're going to be seeing full frame lenses become more and more varied and available. This is certainly good news for filmmakers.
Below is a list of all our camera and lens videos from NAB or, alternatively, just click play on the playlist up top and let it ride.
- Blockbuster Cinematographer Shane Hurlbut Give us His Exclusive Take on NAB
- Panasonic Unlocks 240fps RAW Output on the Varicam LT
- Canon C-Log for 5D Mark IV Brings Much-Needed Latitude to DSLRs
- An In-Depth Look at the Canon EOS C700 and Latest Telephoto Lens
- Sony's Tiny Camera Swings a 4K Punch
- ARRI's SXT Cinema Camera is Now Wireless
- Everything You Need to Know About Sony's New a9 and Super Telephoto Lens
- Meet the Camera That Can Be Controlled From Anywhere in the World
- Sony Announces Firmware Update for F5 and F55
- Cooke's New S7/i Line of Primes Designed for Full-Frame & Beyond
- Take a Look at Leica's 5 New Full Frame M-Lenses
- Leica's New Large Format Lenses are as Beautiful as They are Expensive
- Gecko-Cam Deploys New Glass Inspired by Canon K35 Cine Primes
- SLR Magic Widens its Lens Line with 8mm f/4 and 25mm E-Mount
- Veydra Adds Wide-Angle Lens to Budget-Friendly "Mini Primes"
- Broken Anchor Has Created the World's First Universal Focus Ring Adapter
- T1.5 Vista Cine Primes & 100mm Macros Fill Out Tokina's Line of Workhorse Lenses
- Tiffen's New Filters are So Neutral You'd Think They're Natural
- Atlas Debuts 3 New Affordable Anamorphics
- Samyang Delivers New T2.6 Wide Angle Lens
- Lens Newcomers Bokkelux Introduce Its Affordable 5-Lens Cine Prime Set
- Zeiss Announces the Third Generation of Compact Primes, the All New CP.3s
- AbelCine's New Web Series Gives You Hands on Experience with Every Type of Lens
- Sigma Adds T2 Cine Prime Lenses
- Zeiss Releases Budget-Friendly Cine Lenses
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: