This episode of Indie Film Weekly introduces a new lens marketplace, plus a ranking of the best screenwriters ever, and a filmmaker changing the entire ad business.
Jon Fusco, Charles Haine, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss Vulture’s list of the Top 100 Screenwriters of All Time, a new online marketplace for lenses, an indie distributor making bold moves, and how one filmmaker is changing the entire advertising industry. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about whether or not you need to buy a cage for your small camera.
As always, we also bring you the latest gear news, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, a slew of new indie film releases, weekly words of industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films. You can see all the links from this show in this week’s podcast post at nofilmschool.com.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- The 100 Best Screenwriters Ever According to 40 of the Best Screenwriters Today
- Stretch Your Doc Production Dollars As Far As Possible with This Tax Incentive Guide
- Richard Linklater on Why 'Last Flag Flying' is a Road Movie, Not a War Movie
- 'Tangerine', 'The Florida Project' Director Sean Baker on Mastering the Art of Guerrilla, Run 'n' Gun Filmmaking
- What is a Film Fellowship and Why Should You Do One?
- Shooting Uncomfortable Realities: Kyoko Miyake on One of the Year’s Most Disturbing Docs
- 'The Reagan Show' Editors Reveal America's First Reality TV President
- DP Roger Deakins Reveals 'Blade Runner 2049' Tech Challenges in Jaw-Dropping New Featurette
- Watch: Check Out This 'Blade Runner 2049' Prequel Short from Ridley Scott's Son
- Watch: Dave Bautista Has Something to Hide in New 'Blade Runner 2049' Prequel Short
- Aputure Ships Super Bright 300D LED 2K Equivalent
- Rugged G-DRIVE Mobile SSD R-Series Can Survive 3-Meter Drops
- Meet Lensfinder: A New Marketplace for Buying and Selling Lenses
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Fulbright-National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowship - October 6
- SFFILM New American Producer Fellowship - October 10
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Big Sky Film Festival - October 6
- FlickerFest International Short Film Festival - October 9
- The American Documentary Film Festival and Film Fund (AmDocs) - October 14
- The Honor Farm - October 3
- Tokyo Idols - October 1
- The Reagan Show - October 4
- Spielberg - October 7