This episode of Indie Film Weekly also celebrates the end of awards season in true movie geek style—with trivia.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord get pumped for America’s coolest film festival, SXSW, and share our fun-fact-filled awards season recap. Charles Haine joins us for gear news, including new and improved versions of three useful tools. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about the best way to get those surprisingly tricky super slow shots.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Best Feature Goes to 'Get Out' at the 2018 Independent Spirit Awards
- How Werner Herzog-Approved 'The Rider' Director 'Got Creative' Financing Her Exquisite Cannes Premiere
- Why Making a Film is the Only Thing That Can Ever Really Prepare You For Your First Film [Ingrid Goes West PODCAST]
- 'Thoroughbreds': Sundance's Hottest First-Time Director and Stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke on Making Grisly Comedy
- How a Filmmaker Turned His Own Compulsion into a Horror Love Story
- Setup Your Shot Faster with Tilta's New G2 and G2X Stabilizers
- Get Better Color with Blind Spot's Scorpion V2 Focused LED
- Determine the Perfect Lens and Sensor Pairings with AbelCine's FOV Calculator
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Film Independent Producing Lab & Sloan Producer's Grant - March 12
- Film Independent's Fast Track - March 12
- Sundance Episodic Story Lab - March 15
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Are We Not Cats? - Available Now