How to Make Sure You Get Paid & Have We Discovered the New RED? [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly reveals why a company known for monitors might be making your next camera.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord share loads of news from the 71st Cannes Film Festival, including the year's biggest acquisitions, what caused Agnes Varda and Ava DuVernay to team up, and Spike Lee’s Oscar contender.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news, including why a company known for monitors might be making your next camera. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about the best cloud storage for video editing.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 8 Strategies for Getting Paid on Time in the Film Industry
- 'A Film is Not Designed to Dictate Anything': Jean-Luc Godard Returns to Cannes
- 'Revolutionizes the Film Industry and Our Lives': Here's How to Benefit from the Blockchain
- 28 Cannes Filmmakers Weigh in on the Digital Debate
- VR is Not Filmmaking—Here's Why [PODCAST]
- 4 Production Ideas to Help Structure Your Documentary in Post
- 'The Final Year': Greg Barker on Releasing an Obama Doc in the Age of Trump
- Divide and Conquer: Why You Should Work With a Co-Director
- DP Frankie DeMarco Thinks DPs Should Experiment with Format: 'Be a Slave to the Movie'
- How Post-Production Makes or Breaks a Film, Part 1: The Editor's Process
- A Small Company Pivots to Deliver First 8K Global Shutter Cinema Camera
- This New Update From Hedge Allows You to Stop Wasting Storage
- Get More Latitude with Internal F-Log, Now Available on the X-T2
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Pacific Pioneer Fund - June 1
- NEH Digital Projects for the Public - June 6
- BECOME 2018 L.A. film event - June 9
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Small Town Crime - May 19
- The Final Year - May 21