Got an Untold Story? Win $1 Million to Make It
AT&T and Tribeca Film Festival want to help fund and distribute films from underrepresented filmmakers.
If you're a filmmaker from an underrepresented community with a screenplay ready to shoot in 2019, AT&T and the Tribeca Film Festival want to hear from you. Their newest film initiative, AT&T Presents Untold Stories, provides the opportunity for a single filmmaker to receive production funding of up to $1 million, a Tribeca Film Festival premiere, and distribution across AT&T platforms, including DIRECTTV NOW. The chosen winner will also receive mentorship from seasoned industry professionals.
The four runners-up projects will receive $10,000 grants to continue the development of their film.
Applicants must apply with a thorough feature-length screenplay, with a director already attached. Only one submission per applicant is allowed, and that submission must not have been distributed in theaters or have aired on any form of television, streaming, or public screening prior to April 2020 (when the chosen film will premiere at Tribeca). Although the screenplay must be submitted in English, submissions for films intending to be subtitled are eligible.
All submissions must include the following:
- A completed online application form
- A U.S.-based filmmaker from an underrepresented community in the film industry attached to the project.
- Bios and contact information for key filmmaker(s)/applicant(s).
- Registration with the WGA or copyright office for all submitted screenplays.
- If submitting footage via online streaming URL – Links embedded in your online application that redirect to a streaming website where we may access your footage. PLEASE NOTE: You must not take down your footage at any time through the submission process, or you will be disqualified.
- A budget top sheet or summary that reflects the $1 million award.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.