It seems Adobe will be releasing monthly updates to several of its Creative Cloud programs including Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Premiere Rush. With version 14.8 of Premiere Pro, we saw tweaks to RED workflows. Now, this latest update brings faster encoding to H.264 and H.265/HEVC codecs to those working on macOS, among other new features.
Premiere Pro 14.9
- Faster audio filter performance with up to 20-80% faster rendering times. Optimized effects include Analog Delay, Automatic Click Remover, DeEsser, DeNoise, DeReverb, Notch Filter, and Mastering
- Faster exports for H264 and H.265/HEVC on macOS
Fixed Issues in 14.9
- Fixed issue with durations when setting minimum values in the Essential Sound panel
- Fixed issue with rolling edits when rulers are displayed in the Program Monitor
- Improved stability when sending sequence with Essential Sound Panel effects to AU
- Fixed issue with contextual menus and Track resizing when renaming tracks
- Fixed issue where Extensions were displayed as greyed out
- Fixed issue where Ghosts projects were created when saving in some virtualized environments
Premiere Rush 1.5.50
Adobe also updated Rush, which is available for desktops, iOS, and Android.
- On Desktop, iOS, and Android: Easily flip/mirror videos clips, images, stickers, and overlays
- iOS: You can now choose from more than 1,500 sound effects to add excitement to your video
- iOS: Improved battery life, less heating, and faster exports—up to 7x faster on iPhone 12 Pro
Updates are available automatically through the Creative Cloud application manager.