'Smile' Director and DP Share the Secret Rules to Their On-Set Success
In today’s episode, we talk to director Parker Finn and cinematographer Charlie Sarroff about working together on the set of horror film, Smile.
They share their special process of creating the film. (Smile is in theaters now!)
In this episode, we talk about…
- Finn looking for the right “partner in crime” to make the film with
- How Finn’s short spread like wildfire
- Selling the pitch to Paramount Pictures
- Using cinematic language to work toward themes of the story
- Why Finn prefers a shot list over a storyboard
- What influenced the camera choice
- Thinking about the audience and what the film is doing to them
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.