Our Post-NAB 2018 Post Production Roundup
The only post-NAB 2018 post-production roundup you'll ever need.
As tools for capturing images in front of the camera grow more sophisticated, so too do those who are interested in cutting images up into tiny little pieces. From special effects software like Boris and Da Vinci Resolve's ever-growing one-stop editing suite and, yes, even Final Cut X, we found a ton of great updates this year.
So much of the post-production workflow surrounds the passing back-and-forth of multiple files, notes, and eventual versions of your project. Things can get messy and, as any great editor knows, the most crucial part of the experience is organization. This is ultimately why some of our favorite products are those that continue to make group-editing simpler.
The slimming down of the editing process is all we can hope for in the future, and below are some new company products heading toward that goal.
- Deliver Faster with New Frame.IO Watch Folders—Even with Interruptions
- Blackmagic Packs DaVinci Resolve 15 with Massive Updates
- Musicbed to Offer Music Licensing Memberships This Summer
- Dissolve's New Stock Footage Collection Was Shot from a Helicopter in 7K
- Take A Tour of G-Technology's Portable SSDs
- EditShare Brings QC Compliance to the Masses
- Watch: Take an In-Depth Look at Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 15
- New Vimeo Livestream Tools From the Mind of Mark Kornfilt
- Stream Away with Up to Four Cameras with the Studio One
- Download, Backup, Cull and Even Edit on the Road with GNARBOX 2.0
- Oh My Gosh, Wowza's Live-Streaming Platform Is Perf for Facebook
- Frame.io Adds Enriched Viewing Options For Its Media
- Tangent's New Control Panels Leave No Button Unturned
- Storyblocks Now Offers VR Stock Footage
- Lumaforge Provides the Perfect Product for Your Editing Team
- Score Addiction's Streamer Is a Premiere Pro Plugin with an Extensive Music Library
- Create Fast VFX with Boris FX's Latest Continuum Software
- CT Pro Is One of the Most Extensive Video Editing Apps for iPhones
- Boris FX Gives Users What They Want: Mocha Tracking in Sapphire 11
- CoreMelt Reveals Its Impressive New Planar Tracking Paint Tool for Final Cut Pro X
- Avid Gives Media Composer a Live Timeline (and Other Sweet Features, Too)
- How Adobe Is Integrating Other Disciplines into Each of Its Programs
- Pond5's AI Lets You Find the Stock Footage You Want with Pictures
- How DaVinci Resolve Made the Workflows of These Two Editors More Dynamic
- When Blackmagic Met Fusion: How the Popular Compositor Changed the Game for VFX Artists