Nikon is celebrating its Z series of mirrorless cameras by kicking off a video competition that not only highlights the unique characteristics of the Z line but also rewards filmmakers for communicating their passion on-screen.
In fact, that's the theme of the Follow Your Passion contest. Nikon is calling for filmmakers to enter 3-5 minute short videos that best capture their creative passion, whatever that might be, and the three contestants with the highest scores receive some really exciting prize packages.
How it Works
Entering the Follow Your Passion contest is really straightforward: shoot a video, post it to YouTube or Vimeo and then enter the contest. To make things interesting, though, all videos have to be shot using Z series cameras (a Z 6 or a Z 7) and a NIKKOR lens.
Videos will be scored based on standard criteria, including creativity and originality, production quality, and adherence to the contest's theme.
Now onto the good part.
Judges will give scores to each entry and the top three contestants will be named winners. Here's a quick breakdown of each prize package:
- Grand Prize: $25,000 and a Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker's Kit (includes Z 6 camera body, NIKKOR Z-24-70mm f/4 S lens, Mount Adapter FTZ, Moza Air 2 gimbal, Moza Magic 11.8 Articulating Arm, RØDE Videomic Pro+, Atomos Ninja V 4K, batteries, 1-year subscription to Vimeo Pro, access to Nikon's "The Art of Making Music Videos" online class)
- First Place: $10,000 and a Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker's Kit
- Second Place: A Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker's Kit
Rules and Eligibility
The contest is open to residents of the U.S. who are at least 18 years of age. You should be sure to read the contest rules thoroughly, but here's a basic list of things you should know before entering:
- Videos must be shot entirely with a Nikon Z 6 or Z 7 mirrorless camera.
- Videos must be 3-5 minutes in length.
- Videos must be acceptable for online sharing. Keep it PG-13.
- "We want to see passion. Make the world care about your subject as much as you do—no matter how big or small."
- You must shoot a still image (JPEG only, please) with your Z 6 or Z 7 and NIKKOR lens while you're filming.
All entry forms must be completed before October 31, 2019, at 11:59 pm EST. Enter now .