Once a niche item, the market is now flooded with rigs and stabilizer accessories. Who will come out on top?
We pumped out 106 videos for you this year at NAB 2016, there were 70 up on YouTube with accompanying articles in the first four days alone. As a reader, we understand this must've been a little overwhelming. To make things a little easier for you to digest, we're breaking our content down by category.
It seems like every other booth we saw at NAB this year was showing off some new riff on a steadicam device. Now, as drone technology continues its dramatic break into the market, the applications for these devices has become numerous. Some of them are very cool, some of them may be a little too specialized or expensive for practical use. How many of will remain relevant in the years to come, and will a clear leader ever come to dominate the market? Only time will tell.
Below is a list of all our drone, gimbal, dolly and rig videos from NAB or, alternatively, just click play on the playlist up top and let it ride.
- Introducing the C-Pan Arm, a Jib/Slider Hybrid from 9. Solutions
- Glidecam Steps into the Gimbal Arena with a Prototype
- Benro Swings into Action with 3 New Jibs and 2 New Hi-Hats
- Ikan's One-Handed Gimbals Hold Smartphones, GoPros, DSLRs
- Motorized Precision's KIRA Gives You Easy Motion Control from an XboxController
- Steadicam Adds Even More Stability to Gimbal Footage with the All New Steadimate
- Pelican Air Cases Are 40% Lighter & Just as Strong as Original Cases
- Is the Arri Artemis Trinity the World's Most Advanced Camera Stabilizer?
- Letus Makes Big Improvements to the 60lb Weight Capacity Double-Helix Gimbal
- Glidecam's Ultra-Shot Hybrid is a Shoulder Pad, Stabilizer, Monopod & Hi-hat in One Device
- Bright Tangerine Debuts Clever Articulated Titan Arm, Finally Releasing Revolvr Follow Focus
- Matthews Debuts the Superstrong Infinity Arm & Low-Profile Dutti Dolly
- The Head-Turning Stabilizers of Came-TV, Including a 15' Crane That Looks Like an Accordion
- Manfrotto Updates Their Fluid Video Monopods with Detachable 3-Axis Base
- These New Tripod Heads from Libec Have Pan, Tilt, & Slide Movements All in One
- Flying Big Heavy Cinema Cameras is a Cinch for Freefly's New Alta 8 Drone
- RigWheels Introduces the Magnet Powered Cloud Mount for Vehicle Rigging on a Budget
- GoPro Keeps Moving in the Direction of VR and 360 Degree Video with Omnirig & Odyssey
- Two Small Stabilizers and One Really Big One from Shape
- The Coolest Thing We've Seen At NAB is $125 & Fits in Your Pocket
- DJI's New Matrice 600 Drone Knows Where it's Going, Plus Ronin-MX Gimbal Gets Stronger and Smoother
- Zacuto's New Gratical Eye OLED EVF, Sliding VCT Baseplate and a Sneak Peak at a Prototype Grip
- Wooden Camera Has Sexy New Grips with LANC Control and RED Weapon Top & Side Plates
- Kessler Crane Unveils the 125lb Capacity Shuttle Dolly & Updates Their Second Shooter System
- Redrock Micro's Eclipse System for Aerial & Gimbal Cinematography on Display
- Edelkrone Unveils New Rig, Follow Focus and First of its Kind Tripod at NAB
- DJI Announces the New Matrice 600 Drone and Ronin-MX Gimbal
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: