No Film School has become the trusted filmmaking resource and knowledge center for filmmakers both professional and aspirational around the world. And we’re just getting started. Our roadmap includes many exciting new initiatives and we are hiring a new team member in a Technology Writer role to work in Los Angeles and help us reach these new goals.
No Film School is the leading website “by filmmakers, for filmmakers.” We publish the latest news, tutorials, interviews, and videos to help our readers become better filmmakers — “no film school” required. Please see our media kit for more information on the history and growth of the site.
Technology Writer Responsibilities
- Write and edit articles in the fast-paced online news world, primarily in Editing & Post-Production and Cinematography & Cameras
- Create tutorials and how-to content using video assets, screen recordings, voiceover, and graphics/animation
- Identify and prioritize time-sensitive content from feeds, social media, email, and other breaking-news sources
- Interface with the editorial team about coverage plans, calendars, initiatives, and areas of opportunity
- Travel to cover premiere festivals (e.g. Sundance, SXSW) and events (e.g. NAB, CineGear)
- Build, oversee, and update a "buyer's guide" section of the site with recommended production and post-production tools; maintain a product database of relevant film/video tools
- World-class abilities with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop
- General knowledge of post-production tools and techniques like Apple Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, etc.
- Extensive firsthand knowledge of cameras, from inexpensive DSLRs to high-end cinema cameras
- Real-world production experience on sets and in the field
- Proficiency with web-based content management systems (we use Drupal) and tools
- Advanced written communication skills
Los Angeles, California
Independent contractor, part to full-time position, flexible hours
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with the phrase "Tech Writer" in your subject line.