"The successful warrior is the average man with laser-like focus."
Bruce Lee gave us this wisdom, and you know what? It goes for cameras, too.
As previously reported by No Film School, the firmware will boost the AF speed, the camera's AF tracking performance, as well as the Face/Eye AF. Additionally, the size of the AF area will be able to be adjusted during video recording, which is a welcome change for video shooters.
You can check out the full details of the firmware below.
X-T3 Firmware 4.0
- Fastest AF speed has been improved from 0.06 seconds to 0.02 seconds
- The algorithm for predicting subject movements has been updated
- AF tracking performance has been doubled when compared to the previous firmware
- Face Tracking/Eye AF performance has been upgraded
- The update allows the camera AF to work in low light levels down to -7EV when using the XF 50mmF1.0 R WR
- Adds the “Focus Limiter” function which gives a pre-define specific focus rang
- The size of the Single AF point can be adjusted during video recording
- Photo ratings can be read by third-party software, allowing users to find their favorite pictures quickly
- The focus point can be changed by the focus lever during AE lock
- The default setting of the AF-S PRIORITY SELECTION in the RELEASE/FOCUS PRIORITY of the SHOOTING menu is changed to FOCUS from RELEASE