It's that time of year again! My RØDE Reel, now in its 6th year, has officially launched its 2019 season, which means it's not only looking for great short films made by talented filmmakers but is also ready to set those talented filmmakers up with a ridiculous amount of free gear.
Filmmakers from 94 countries have submitted over 14,000 shorts to the My RØDE Reel, making it one of the largest short film competitions in the world. And it's no wonder why it's so competitive—RØDE is all about "giving filmmakers MORE," including more prizes, more chances to win, more exposure, and more incentives to enter.
There is not only more than $1 million in prizes on the table but a panel of YouTube's most followed and respected creators, as well, ready to test your creative filmmaking mettle.
RØDE has not only given contestants a bunch of opportunities to win in 28 different categories (from the top prize for Judge's Film to 3rd Place for Best Location) but they've put together a prize package of over $1 million for winners of My RØDE Reel.
We're talking some of the best filmmaking gear on the market, including mics and recorders from RØDE (of course), an URSA Mini Pro G2 from Blackmagic Design, a MOVI Pro from Freefly, a 3K PRO Rig Kit from JOBY, a HERO7 Black from GoPro, and a professional lighting kit from Lume Cube. And that's only scratching the surface. They're also offering gear and services from Zhiyun, FuzzMeasure, Movcam, MZed, MusicBed, Blastwave FX, Rhino, Wipster, Red Giant, FilmConvert, Manfrotto, Sigma, Pelican, Adobe, and much, much more.
So...pretty much every filmmaking tool you could ever need.
This year's panel of judges include the biggest creators on YouTube who have offered their expertise as filmmakers to over 3 million subscribers:
- Ryan Connolly: Filmmaker and creator of Film Riot, which boasts a whopping 1.4 million subscribers.
- Grace Randolph: One of the top movie critics on YouTube with over 600 million views and 800K subscribers.
- Dan Mace: A young force in filmmaking, with a huge online presence, Dan is the winner of the 2015 My RØDE Reel.
How to Enter
- Go to My RØDE Reel and download the starter pack
- Make a 3-minute (max) short film in any genre
- Make a 3-minute (max) behind-the-scenes showing you using any RØDE product in
- your production
- Upload your films to the My RØDE Reel website
- Share it with everyone you know!
Entries are now open and close August 28th at 12pm (AEST/GM+10). Winners will be announced from September 25th until October 4th.
Head on over to My RØDE REEL to learn more.
Source: My RØDE Reel