The 2020 Academy Awards are upon us and our yearly roundup will get you up to speed on the nominated films. Check it out!
There were some awesome movies released this year. We tried to cover really neat aspects of all of them, but maybe you missed some of the articles we loved. That's why we decided to aggregate it all in one place.
That way, you can click through the nominations and find the stories you're most interested in reading.
So without further ado, I give you...
Everything You Want to Know About the 2020 Academy Award Nominees
First up, let's see which articles on our Best Picture nominations there are to read.
Ford v Ferrari
- How 'Ford v Ferrari' Survived Development Hell Will Inspire You
- Read the 'Ford v. Ferrari' Script
- Learn how 'Ford v. Ferrari's' DP Shot Those Car Chases
- Watch Netflix Take Some Deep Dives Into the Making of 'The Irishman'
- Analyzing Every Corner of 'The Irishman'
- 'The Irishman' Composer Reveals How He and Scorsese Create the Perfect Soundtrack
- Netflix Is Bringing You a Making of 'The Irishman' Podcast
- 'The Irishman' Is Heading to Broadway
- The Irishman Strives, GoPro Stumbles, and We Follow Up on Distribber
- New 'The Irishman' Trailer Makes Scorsese's Netflix Movie an Event
- In 'The Irishman', Scorsese and De Niro Will Attempt to Turn Back Time
- How 'Jojo Rabbit' DP Minhai Malaimaire Uses Color to Create Perspective
- Taika Waititi's Tips for Pulling Off a WWII Love Story with a Funny Hitler
- A 'Joker' Sequel Is Reportedly In the Works - But Should You See it?
- 'Joker' Is Set to Become the Highest Grossing R-Rated Movie Ever
- You Shouldn't See 'Joker' This Weekend (Opinion)
- U.S. Military Warns 'Joker' Screenings Could Be Targets of Incel Violence
- 'Joker' Wins Venice. Can We Say Comic Book Films Are Art Now?
- What the Final 'Joker' Trailer Can Teach You About Originality and Homage
- The New Joker Movie Isn’t Based On Anything
- Unraveling '1917', the Insta 360, and Chris Terrio vs. ILM
- Untold Insights Into the Making of ‘1917’ From its Key Collaborators
- '1917' is Unlike Any Movie You Have Ever Seen Before
- '1917' Wants to See Your One-Shot Short Film
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Why 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' Is Tarantino's Love Letter to Filmmaking
- 'Once Upon a Time In Hollywood' Returns to Theaters With New Footage This Weekend
- Robert Richardson and Producer David Heyman Reveal Why They Work With Tarantino
- 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' Might Get a 4-Hour Cut on Netflix
Leonardo DiCaprio Once, Upon a Time in Hollywood
Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, The Irishman
- Here's How ILM De-Aged 'The Irishman' Cast
- Is the Lead Character in 'The Irishman' a Sociopath?
- 'The Irishman' Stars De Niro, Pacino Used This Unique Tool to Pull Off Their Younger Selves
Martin Scorsese, The Irishman
- How Does Scorsese Create Snap-Ready Tension in 'The Irishman'?
- That One Astonishing Scene in 'The Irishman' Explained
- You Won't Believe How Scorsese Got 'The Irishman' Made
- Scorsese and Tarantino's Chat Is the Best Thing You'll See Today
- Scorsese Reveals How 'The Irishman' Finally Got Made
- Why Scorsese, Netflix Can't Get a Wide Release for 'The Irishman'
- Scorsese Explains Why He Bailed On Directing 'Joker'
Todd Phillips, Joker
- 'Joker' Director Commentary Reveals a Big Story Spoiler
- Todd Phillips Shoots Down Those 'Joker' Spinoff Rumors
- 'Joker' Director Todd Phillips Breaks Down the Opening Scene
Sam Mendes, 1917
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Scorsese and Tarantino's Chat Is the Best Thing You'll See Today
- Tarantino Says a Four-Hour Cut of 'Once Upon a Time In Hollywood' Is Coming
- Is 'Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood' Tarantino at His Most Meta?
- Tarantino Hits Back At 'Hollywood's' Bruce Lee Controversy
- Here's How Tarantino Pulled Off That Epic Bruce Lee Fight In 'Hollywood'
- 'What is This?': Polanski to Tarantino on 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'
- Watch the Interview That Leaves Tarantino Speechless (for a Few Seconds)
- How Quentin Tarantino's "Spirit On Set" Breeds Success
Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
- Bong Joon Ho's 7 Keys to Greatness Give Us a Reason to Relax
Toy Story 4
- How Pixar's 'Real' Fake Cameras Make Their Movies Look So Realistic
- Here's How 'Toy Story 4' Turned Keanu Reeves Into Duke Caboom
- What is it Like to Play Woody Four Times Over Three Decades?
- Every Toy in 'Toy Story' Explained [Video]
- Pixar's Animation: Then and Now [Video]
- The' Toy Story 4' Trailer Takes on Imagination
The Irishman, Steven Zaillian
Jojo Rabbit, Taika Waititi
Joker, Todd Phillips, Scott Silver
- The Original Sadistic Ending to 'Joker' Would've Changed Everything
- 'Joker' Director Todd Phillips Reveals How He Wrote This Iconic Scene
Little Women, Greta Gerwig
The Two Popes, Anthony McCarten
Knives Out, Rian Johnson
Marriage Story, Noah Baumbach
- What 'Marriage Story' Can Teach You About Writing a Great Opening Scene
- How Does Noah Baumbach Create Realistic Dialogue?
- 'Marriage Story': Read and Download the Screenplay
1917, Sam Mendes and Krysty Wilson-Cairns
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Quentin Tarantino
The Irishman, Rodrigo Prieto
- Rodrigo Prieto Tells Us Everything We Want to Know About How They Shot 'The Irishman'
- 'The Irishman' Cinematographer on Visual Storytelling and Scorsese
Joker, Lawrence Sher
- Watch the 'Joker' DP Break Down Two Key Scenes
- 'Joker' Cinematographer Describes the Use of Color in Film
- How Larry Sher Shot 'Joker', Built a Career, and Almost Got Fired on His First Day of Filmmaking
The Lighthouse, Jarin Blaschke
- How 'The Lighthouse' Pulled Off That Mermaid Genitals Scene
- Exploring the Stunning Black and White Cinematography of ‘The Lighthouse’
- 'The Lighthouse': 5 Filmmaking Tips You Can Learn From Robert Eggers and His Cast
- 'The Lighthouse' Trailer Reveals One of the Year's Craziest Movies
1917, Roger Deakins
- How Roger Deakins Filmed '1917' in One Shot*
- '1917': Watch How Sam Mendes and Roger Deakins Shot This Amazing War Movie
- Watch How Roger Deakins Shot '1917' All In One Take
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Robert Richardson
- Exclusive: Robert Richardson on His Film Stock Choices for 'Once Upon a Time...'
- How Robert Richardson Makes His Movies Look So Damn Good
- Robert Richardson Reveals How 'Once Upon a Time In Hollywood' Got Those Great Shots
- Customizing Panavision's Anamorphic Lenses for 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'
Parasite, Jinmo Yang
- How 'Parasite' Made One of the Greatest Montages Ever
- 'Parasite' Editor Jinmo Yang Teaches Us How to Edit Without Coverage
Parasite, Lee Ha-Jun and Cho Won Woo, Han Ga Ram, and Cho Hee
- A Look Inside the 'Avengers: Endgame' Editorial Army and Their Workflow
- Watch How 'Avengers: Endgame' Pulled Off That Epic Final Battle
- Watch How 'The Irishman' Used 'Goodfellas' to Make ILM's De-Aging Tech
- How 'Gemini Man' and 'The Irishman' Are Making De-Aging Actors a Big Deal
The Lion King
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- How Aggressive Schedules Affected the 'Rise of Skywalker' Editing
- Chris Terrio Apologizes to ILM for Leia VFX Slight
If all this content inspires aspirations to make an Oscar-worthy film, check out our article below on what it takes to do it.