Shooting on a gimbal, especially in a high-speed production environment, requires a few more accessories than you'd think.
What if your director needs a feed? How about your AC? You can't just slap a camera onto a Ronin or Zhiyun-Tech and go to set, so for today's Deals of the Week, we put together a solid gimbal package based around a Canon EOS C200 kit.
Canon Cinema EOS C200
- Super35 CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology
- Dual DIGIC DV 6 Processors
- DCI and UHD 4K, 1920 x 1080
- 59.94/50/29.97/25/24/23.98p & 120p in HD
- Canon RAW Light, MP4, MP4 Sub-Recording
- 2 x XLR Audio Inputs
- 1 x CFast Card, 2 x SD Card Slots
- SDI, HDMI, Ethernet Connectors
The Canon EOS C200 Cinema Camera features a Super35 CMOS sensor and Dual Pixel Autofocus. The EF lens mount offers compatibility not only with Canon's existing broad range of DSLR lenses but also with their line of EF-mount CN-E cinema prime and zoom lenses.
Inside, there's a CMOS sensor that has an active image size of 24.4 x 13.5mm. It features a resolution of 4096 x 2160 and delivers Cine 4K images, as well as supporting Ultra HD (3840 x 2160), and Full HD (1920 x 1080). We sourced the Canon C200 with a prime lens kit as well as a stripped-down version perfect for gimbals (or if you want to build it out on your own).
Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 2S
- Includes Side Grip & Spare Batteries
- 9th Instune High Axis Response Algorithm
- Large Camera Support: BMPCC 6K, S1H, 1DX
- Dedicated TransMount Transmitter Mounts
- Standard & Vertical Camera Mounts
- Carbon Fiber Handle
- Low Servo Delay Handwheel Performance
- 0.96" OLED Screen
A follow-up to the Crane 2, the Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 2S has been upgraded to better suit the needs of filmmakers. It features a new-generation 9th Instune Algorithm that improves the responsiveness of each axis and is capable of stabilizing large cameras such as the Blackmagic Pocket 6K, Panasonic S1H, and Canon EOS 1DX Mark II along with their accessories.
This combo kit comes with the TransMount Mini Dual Grip Lite and a spare set of batteries, bringing your total to two sets of three 18650 batteries. Each set provides an up to 12-hour runtime. Using the included triple charger, you can recharge one set while continuing your shoot with the other.
Accsoon CineEye 2S Wireless SDI/HDMI Video Transmitter
- 1080p60 with Audio to 4 Mobile Devices
- 492' Transmission Distance, 60ms Latency
- SDI and HDMI Inputs
- iOS/Android App with False Color & More
- Start/Stop Camera Control
- LUT Support
- L-Series Battery Support
- 1/4"-20 Mounting Thread
- Shoe Mount Adapter Included
The CineEye 2s adds SDI capability to the popular CineEye lineup from Accsoon. The CineEye 2s features an SDI and an HDMI input, both supporting up to 1080p60 resolution. It allows you to connect either type of camera signal and transmit it with audio to up to four iOS/Android mobile devices over 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
Four smartphones/tablets can be used as video receivers from up to 492' away (line of sight), so that just about anyone on set—as well as off set—can monitor the shot, including the client. Although the transmission latency is 60ms, the Accsoon CineEye 2S is a great budget solution for offering live feeds to your production team.