The Annual FiLMiC Pro Mobile Film Festival is open and accepting submissions, offering prizes in excess of $75,000 in film gear, from over 30 sponsors, plus another $25,000 cash towards the funding of your next big project.
Here are the details... shoot a short film of five minutes or less on your mobile device, and submit it for consideration by midnight, September 30, 2019.
It's that simple.
OK, you also have to submit for the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Travel, Music, and Experimental. There's also a "Made on Mobile" category, where you have to both shoot and edit the film on your mobile device to qualify.70% of the short film must be shot using FiLMiC Pro, but that leaves the remainder wide open for other platforms, including DSLRs, drone footage, animation or other kinds of footage.
Of course, all footage must be original. Users will also have to include the FiLMiC Pro bumper and custom logo branding in credits. You can download the asset package here.
A music license is also required, and MusicBed has your back by offering a free music license for the competition, along with a curated selection of songs. You'll also need to have a signed model release for any actors appearing in the film.
Each category will have a mobile filmmaking gear prize package worth over $10,000. Here's a quick list of what's up for grabs:
- Adobe 1 year Creative Cloud subscription
- Alight Motion Video and Animation Editor App
- Apple 12.9″ iPad Pro 256GB
- Aquatech AxisGo Underwater Casing
- DJI Mavic Air drone*
- Film Convert Film Stock Emulation Plugins
- FreeFly Movi Cinema Robot
- Gnarbox 2.0 SSD (512GB) Rugged Backup Device
- HeliumCine Helium Core iPhone Video Camera Rig
- iOgrapher Filmmaking Case for iPad Pro
- Jackery Supercharge 26800
- Joby GorillaPod 1K
- Griptight 1 Magnetic Impulse
- Handypod Mobile and Griptight Pro Telepod
- Kapkur Wide, Telephoto, Fisheye and Macro lenses
- Kinemaster professional mobile video editor app
- LumaFusion professional video editing app
- MasterCinematographers Squish head mount for monopod
- Moondog Labs 1.33X Anamorphic Adapter Lens
- Relio professional tungsten lighting kit
- Saramonic VideoKit mixer and 3 lavelier set
- Sennheiser Ambeo Smart Headset and AVX Combo Set
- ShotLister shot list & film schedule app
- ShoulderPod X1 Pro Rig
- Shure MV88+ Condenser Microphone Kit
- Smarthouse Media 1 Hour Film Festival Consultation
- Struman Cinema Series Wide Lens, Portrait Lens, Hood & Polarizer
- Tech Armor Rugged 6′ Kevlar Lighting Cables, Device Cleaning Units, Ballistic Glass Screen Protectors for iPhone, and Universal Device Suction Cub Mounts
- Musicbed Song License grant
- Think Tank Photo Signature 13 camera bag
- Vid-Atlantic EnCinema SLR lens adapter for mobile
- Zhiyun-Tech Transmount Telescopic Monopod
And there's also a special prize for best Behind the Scenes Footage, where users can win a DJI Mavic Air Drone.
All submissions will be judged by a team from the FiLMiC Pro staff, with an eye towards originality, production value, emotional impact, and narrative value. However, the Grand Prize Winner judged and scored by a select group of celebrity judges (that group is still to be determined).
To sign up for the FilmFest competition, use either Google or FilmFreeway. Deadline is midnight, September 30th, 2019. Category winners will be announced on or about October 21st, 2019, with the Grand Prize winner announced around November 4th, 2019.
Check out FilmicPro.com/Filmicfest for more details. And good luck!