WATCH: Every Camera and Lens We Saw at NAB 2016
It seemed like a pretty tame year for cameras at NAB...and then there was Lytro.
We pumped out 106 videos for you this year at NAB 2016, there were 70 up on YouTube with accompanying articles in the first four days alone. As a reader, we understand this must've been a little overwhelming. To make things a little easier for you to digest, we're breaking our content down by category.
Year after year, new cameras and lenses seem to be the most popular draw among the products we get to check out. This year, however, companies seemed to be less focused on creating new technologies, instead opting to upgrade their previous releases to be the best tools possible for the filmmakers who already own them. Or so we thought.
Enter Lytro, potentially the most groundbreaking development in cinematography since color motion picture film. No Film School Founder Ryan Koo got the chance to sit down with Jon Karafin, Head of Light Field Video for Lytro and we got the whole thing on video. In this case, you really do have to see it to believe it.
Below is a list of all our camera and lens videos from NAB or, alternatively, just click play on the playlist up top and let it ride.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Lytro Change Cinematography Forever
- P+S Technik Introduces New Full-Frame Front Anamorphic 1.5x 35-70mm T3.2 Lens
- These New Interchangeable Mounts and Lenses from SLR Magic Are Definitely Not an Illusion
- Tiffen Shows off Lens-Mounted Filter Holder & 2 New Diffusion Filters
- Leica Debuts 40mm T/2.0 & 15mm T/2.0 Summicron-C Lenses Plus Cine Macrolux +1 Diopter
- Condition One Announces the Bison, a Rugged 16-Lens Stereoscopic 360° News Camera
- Cooke Shows Off World's Only 300mm True Front Anamorphic Lens
- GL Optics Brings Rehoused Still Glass into Cinema Form Factor on a Budget
- The $7,500 Leica SL Camera Does 120fps in HD or 30fps in 4k with 10-bit Uncompressed 4:2:2 Out
- Kinefinity's New 5k & 6k TERRA Cameras Are Extremely Lightweight and Shoot up to 225fps in 2k
- Sony Updates the F55's Capabilities with the New AXS-R7 Recorder for Shooting 120p at 4k
- Sony FS5 Gets RAW Output & 4k 60p via $500 Firmware, FS7 Gets True 24p & Other Improvements
- Rokinon Xeen Cine Lenses Aim to Compete in the Entry Level Market for Cinema Primes
- Blackmagic's Micro Cameras Bring Professional Controls to 360-Degree Video
- Meet the Fastest Full Frame Prime Lens on the Market, the Schneider Xenon FF 18mm T2.4
- Vision Research Previews the Mid-Range Phantom VEO, Captures up to 1,500fps at 2.5k
- KipperTie Develops a Series of Full Spectrum OLPFs for RED Cameras
- This Year's Improvements to RED Accessories Includes a Smaller, Lighter & Sexier Side Handle
- Introducing DJI's Osmo RAW, a Stabilized Handheld 4K Camera System
- Getting Up Close & Personal with Panasonic's Less Expensive 4K Super 35mm VariCam LT
- Panasonic Pairs the GH4 with SLR Magic's New Affordable Anamorphic Lenses
- Canon Shows Off the 18-80mm EF Cine Zoom & Multi-Purpose Cams ME200-SH and ME20-SH
- Panasonic Expands Its Line of Midrange 4K Cameras with New UX Series
- Blackmagic's New 7" Video Assist 4K, 4.0 Firmware for URSA Mini and Davinci Resolve 12.5
- Introducing the Sony HDC-4800, a UHFR Super-35mm Camera That Shoots 4K at 480 fps
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: